Tuesday, December 13, 2016

CƯỜI CHÚT CHƠI

Fr: Tweety Nguyen

1. What's the difference /ˈdɪfrəns/
 between stress, tension and panic?                                                                          
*Stress is when wife is pregnant;*
    *Tension is when girlfriend is pregnant /ˈpreɡnənt/;
*Panic is when both are pregnant!         
                                          cartoon :  https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-image-pregnant_

2. When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing;_
*Either the car is new or the wife.*


3. Grammar Teacher: Do you know the importance of a period?_
*Kid: Yeah, once my sister said she has missed one, my mom fainted, dad got a heart attack and our driver ran away!*


4.  A young boy asks his Dad: "What is the difference between confident /ˈkɒnfɪd(ə)nt/    and   confidential  /ˌkɒnfɪˈdenʃ(ə)l/?
*Dad says: "You are my son, I'm confident about that. Your friend over there, is also my son, that is confidential!


5. A bookseller conducting a market survey asked a woman:_
*"Which book has helped you most in your life?"
*The woman replied: "My husband's cheque  /tʃek/ book!"


6. A prospective husband in a book store. Do you have a book called: *Husband  the Master of the House?*

*Sales Girl: "Sir, Fiction and Comics are on the 1st floor!"*


7. Someone asked an old man: "Even after 70 years, you still call your wife Darling, Honey, Love. " What's the secret?"_
*Old man: I forgot her name and I'm scared to ask her!*


8. Wife: I wish I was a newspaper.  So I'd be in your hands all day._
*Husband: I too wish that you were a newspaper. So I could have a new one every day!*


*Laughter Is The Best Medicine Ever...*
Daniel Doan*Paula Le*Kimmy Nguyen



                   Bảng từ vựng 4 cột
                  www.MacMillandictionary.com

1. Words
2. Syllables
  3. I.P.A
4.Pronunciation
confident
con-fi-dent
/ˈkɒn-fɪ-d(ə)nt/
 /ˈkɒnfɪd(ə)nt/
confidential
con-fi-den-tial
/ˌkɒn-fɪ-den-ʃ(ə)l/
/ˌkɒnfɪˈdenʃ(ə)l/

difference
dif-fer-ence
/ˈdif-(ə)r-əns/
/ˈdɪfrəns/

pregnant
preg-nant
/ˈpreɡnənt/
/ˈpreɡnənt/


cheque
cheque
/tʃek/
/tʃek/