Tuesday, March 8, 2016

TIẾNG ANH QUA CHUYỆN CƯỜI

Daniel Doan*Paula Le*Kimmy Nguyen



False teeth
A dinner speaker /ˈspiːkə(r)/was in such a hurry to get to his engagement/ɪnˈɡeɪdʒmənt/that when he arrived and sat down at the head table he suddenly realized that he had forgotten his false teeth.
Turning to the man next to him he said , " I forgot my teeth." The man said, " No problem ".

With that he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of false teeth. " Try these," he said.

The speaker tried them." Too loose," he said.
The man then said, " I have another pair…try these."
The speaker tried them and responded, "Too tight".
The man was not taken aback/əˈbæk/ at all . He then said, " I have one more pair of false teeth…try them."
The speaker said," They fit perfectly." With that he ate his meal and gave his address /əˈdres/.
After the dinner meeting was over, the speaker went over to thank the man who had helped him. " I want to thank you for coming to my aid . Where is your office/ˈɒfɪs/ ? I have been looking for a good dentist."
The man replied, " I am not a dentist. I am the local undertaker /ˈʌndə(r)ˌteɪkə(r)/ ".

Pronunciation


   Words     Syllables      IPA   Pronunciation
speaker speak-er /ˈspiːkə(r)/ /speaker
engagement en-gage-ment /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒmənt/ /engagement
aback a-back /əˈbæk/ /aback
address ad-dress /əˈdres/ /address_1
office of-fice /ˈɒfɪs/  /office
undertaker un-der-ta-ker /ˈʌndə(r)ˌteɪkə(r)/ /undertaker