Saturday, September 3, 2016

TIẾNG ANH QUA CHUYỆN CƯỜI : ĐẾN CHẾT CHƯA HẾT OÁN THÙ

Fr: Khanh Bui*PK Charles
Holding a Grudge

The  lawyer was reading out the will of a rich man to the people mentioned /ˈmenʃ(ə)nd/ in the will :

" To my loving wife Rose, who stood by me in rough time, as well as good, I leave her the house and $2 million."
The lawyer continued /kənˈtɪnju:d/,"To my daughter Jessica, who looked /lʊkt/ after me in sickness and kept the business going,I leave her the yatch,the business and $1 million."  The lawyer concluded /kənˈklu:dɪd /,"And, to my cousin Dan, who hated heɪtɪd me, argued /ˈɑ:(r)ɡju:d/ with me, and thought that I would never mention him in my will –well you're wrong. Hi Dan !"
 

 Daniel Doan*Paula Le*Kimmy Nguyen





MacMillandictionary.com

       PHÁT ÂM
grudge /ɡrʌdʒ/ a feeling of anger towards someone because they have done something to youthat does not seem right or fair ( Thù hận)
mentioned /ˈmenʃ(ə)nd/ to say something during a conversation, but not discuss it much or give many details (nhắc tới/ nói tới/đề cập tới) )
continued /kənˈtɪnju:d/ provided, happening, or done regularly or for a long period
(tiếp tục )
looked /lʊkt/ try to see   nhìn
hated /heɪtɪd/ to dislike someone or something very much ( ghét thậm tệ - ghét cay, ghét đắng)
argued /ˈɑ:(r)ɡju:d/ if people argue, they speak to each other in an angry way because they disagreetranh cải- biện hộ )