Thursday, November 6, 2014

ĐỜI NGƯỜI :CUỘC LỮ HÀNH BẰNG XE LỬA


Train of Life
Some folks ride the train of life
Looking out the rear,
Watching miles of life roll by,
And marking every year.

They sit in sad remembrance, (1)
Of wasted days gone by,
And curse (2) their life for what it was,
And hang their head and cry.
 
But I don’t concern (3) myself with that,
I took a different vent, (4) 
I look forward to what life holds,
And not what has been spent.
 
So strap me to the engine,
As securely as I can be,
I want to be out on the front,
To see what I can see.
 
I want to feel the winds of change,
Blowing in my face,
I want to see what life unfolds ,
As I move from place to place.
 
I want to see what’s coming up,
Not looking at the past,
Life’s too short for yesterdays,
It moves along too fast.
 
So if the ride gets bumpy, (5)
While you are looking back,
Go up front,and you may find,
Your life has jumped the track.
 
It’s all right to remember,
That’s part of history,
But up front’s where it’s happening,
There’s so much mystery.
 
The enjoyment of living,
Is not where we have been ,
It’s looking ever forward,
To another year and ten.
 
It’s searching all the byways,(6)
Never should you refrain ,(7)
For if you want to live your life,
You gotta drive the train.


Daniel Doan *Paula Le *Kimmy Ng

VOCABULARY



1 remembrance /rɪˈmembrəns/ act of remembering  A moment was built
in remembrance of those who had died
( tưởng nhớ/tưởng niệm)
A remembrance : vật kỷ niêm
2 Curse /kɜː(r)s/ insulting languag (chửi rủa/ chửi thề) 
2.Something wich causes unhappiness and
misfortune Nguyền rủa
3 concern    /kənˈsɜː(r)n/ have a connection with ( liên quan)be
of importance to ( quan  hề tới) worried or
troubled ( quan tâm/lo lắng) She was very
concerned when I was ill last year.
4 vent           /vent/ a small hole or outlet for air,smoke
( lỗ thông hơi,thoát khói)
5 bumpy  /ˈbʌmpi/ bumpi :uneven, causing one to drive or
move in a jerky way ( có bề mặt gồ ghề/ 

mấp mô)
6 byway /ˈbaɪˌweɪ/ a small road (đường phụ)
Highways and byways ( trên mọi nẻo đường)
7 refrain /rɪˈfreɪn / hold oneself back from something,or from
doing something (tự kiềm chế làm việc gì /
nhịn
) to refrain from smoking/from criticism